About Paul Simpson
• Experienced, successful Payment Product Development / Marketing and Sales Director, Direct / Indirect Sales Manager, Senior Alliance Partnerships. 25+ years in the payment sector from start-up Fintechs to American Fortune 500 companies, very strong network connections, entrepreneurial mindset.
• Broad Payment solution experience of UK Domestic, European and International FX markets: Faster / Real Time Payments, Bacs, Direct Debits, SEPA, SWIFT, Payment Hubs, Bank Connectivity, Outsourcing / FM, Financial Process Automation, E-Commerce, P2P, Cloud / SaaS and Document Management
• Payment / billing solutions knowledge across Request to Pay (RtP), Payment Gateway / PSP / Cards, E-Wallet, Open Access, Open Banking, M-Commerce/Mobile Payments, Subscriptions, SWIFT, SEPA, Global / Domestic / International FX Payments, EFT, ACH, Confirmation of Payee (CoP), Treasury and Cash Management
• OCR, Order to Cash, BPO, B2B/B2C Payments (Domestic & Cross Border / FX), Contactless, NFC, PSD2, TPP, API’s, Emerging Payments. With proven Relationship, Alliance Channel, Marketing, Product and Sales Management
• Deep understanding of Core Banking, ERP, Accounting / Financial, Treasury, Payroll systems, Bank Connectivity, Payment Hubs, fraud and security issues, ecosystems, payments orchestration
• Document “Paper to Electronic” Data Bureaus – Intelligent Data Recognition, Extraction, Validation, Workflow, APA solutions, E-Invoice Automation Finance solutions, BI / Reporting Tools, WebServices
• Sales, product and marketing management to help develop new markets / launch products and scope / identify vertical sectors. Experienced in Sales and Product Innovation, new product launches (go to market strategy), able to manage Board and shareholder relationships.
• Proven ability to establish and manage direct and channel sales routes to both new and existing markets – with the track record of selling to Corporate, Banks (inc. Agency / Challenger Banks, NBFI’s) NFP, Payment Processors, SME, Public Sector, Financial Institutes, Fintechs, Payment Institutions and across Vertical markets and Channel partners.
• Specialties: Designing and implementing new direct sales and channel routes to market, including vertical niche market sales channels, developing new and vertical routes to market – from start-ups to American Fortune 500 companies