Steen Álvarez Jacobsen
About Steen Álvarez Jacobsen
SurePay makes payments personal, easier and even more secure. So that you can be sure that you pay the right person or company. We are constantly working on even better identification services based on the IBAN. For example the integration of the check in software packages, such as accounting programs and the development of new services such as the Switch Check and PayID. Future services will always be developed in close cooperation with our customers.
SurePay was founded in 2016 and has been providing the IBAN-Name Check to all major Dutch banks since 2017. In the years that followed, our group of customers expanded to corporates and partners. Today, SurePay provides the Confirmation of Payee service in the UK, while at the same time introducing new services in the Netherlands. At the beginning of 2020, SurePay became a Private Company and an independent part of the Rabobank Group.
Personally I thrive in an international, diverse and multicultural work environment like this. I have traveled, studied and worked for many years in UK, West Africa – Abidjan, South Africa – Cape Town and Johannesburg and now based in Barcelona with my wife, 5 year old son and new born girl!
Areas of focus include:
– Payments experience collaborating with acquirers like Valitor, Elavon and Credorax combined with the whole value chain of boarding, KYC, pricing and integrations with processors.
– Understand tech offering and value it brings in order to sell and build joint solutions with partners
– Negotiations and designing VAR agreements to drive fruitful partnerships
– Optimizing our Go-to-market on product offering and process.
– Train salesteams and develop partner driven enablement programs
Skills I bring along to carry out my daily tasks include understanding of card present POS and ecommerce payments, Sales, Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Event Management, Market Research, Sponsorships, Management and Marketing.