398. Insights: Will Brexit break UK fintech?
In today’s Insights show, we reflect on the past 4 years of Brexit and discuss the future of fintech in post-Brexit Britain. This week’s guests include:
- Emily Nicolle – Technology Editor at City AM
- James Hurley – Enterprise Editor at The Times
Before diving into it, we revisit our very first episode of Fintech Insider. That show was a Brexit special, where David Brear, Jason Bates, Simon Taylor and Chris Skinner talked about their predictions for the implications of Brexit. Almost four years on, how do they hold up? Are fintechs fleeing the UK for greener pastures in the E.U.? Conversely, is Brexit attracting more fintech talent to the UK? Startup life is full of uncertainty and Brexit has been much the same.
So, what can fintech companies do to protect themselves now that Brexit is upon us and how will the industry shift in the coming months and years?
All this and much more on this week’s Fintech Insider Insights show!
FinovateSpring is happening in San Francisco on May 27th to 29th. Built around live, 7-minute demos of the latest fintech innovations, FinovateSpring is the West Coast’s premier fintech event. Network with more than 1200 senior-level attendees – with more than 50% from financial institutions – from the Midwest and Western United States, Latin America, APAC, Canada, Australia, and beyond. And gain insights from more than 120 expert speakers on the future of finance. For more information visit finovatespring.com, and don’t forget that the code 11FS will get you a 20% discount on your registration.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week’s biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- The Bank of London Appoints Marc Jenkins as Chief Financial Officer UK Read more
- FF Awards 2022 Highlights Read more
- MAPFRE RE Increases Capital by 250 Million Euros to Offer Greater Reinsurance Capacity to Its Clients and Boost Growth Read more
- Thales Addresses Inclusivity With Its ‘Voice Payment Card’ Read more
- StrideUp Cuts Rates and Launches Its Innovative First-time Buyer Product to the Intermediary Market Read more