Tandem Bank launches Green Instant Access Savings account
Protecting the planet doesn’t have to mean compromised returns with Tandem Bank’s environmentally friendly saving option with a headline interest rate of 0.5% AER.
This week, Tandem Bank launched its new Green Instant Access Saver, knowing how most UK customers would opt for green options when it comes to their money. In a recent survey carried out by the bank, almost two thirds of us said we would switch banks if they were more environmentally friendly – but over half of us admitted we simply don’t know where to start or go.
Tandem’s newly launched website and app reflect its commitment to providing a full package of green options – in minutes, new customers can now download the app and the environmentally conscious amongst us can effortlessly start putting our money to good use.
Along with other upcoming green products and services including its soon to be launched Green Mortgage, Tandem is leading the charge to help both people and planet and deliver on its ‘Good Green Bank’ mission.
Tandem’s growing green product offering follows its acquisition of established green lender Allium last year. Allium has already provided loans to thousands of homeowners who were looking to improve the environmental credentials and energy efficiency of their homes which account for 13% of the UK’s total CO2 emissions .
Ricky Knox, Co-founder and CEO of Tandem Bank, comments: “We’re on a mission to educate and empower consumers about green finance. We’re making it simpler and quicker for them to achieve sustainable living, both with respect to the environment and their money.
“I originally founded Tandem with the number-one intent of building ‘The Good Bank’ – one that puts customers’ needs first and takes the stress out of money management.
“The launch of the Green Instant Access Savings Account and our other green products and services that will follow suit, demonstrate our commitment to building ‘The Good Green Bank’, one that enables customers to understand and reduce the environmental impact of their finances and help to create a more sustainable planet for us all”.
Companies In This Post
- Visa and Oxfam America to Explore Expanding Anticipatory Action Program to Bring Pre-Disaster Financial Support to the Philippines, Kenya, Colombia, and Puerto Rico Read more
- Global Centre launched to accelerate climate finance Read more
- A Third or More Young Investors Acted on Misleading Online Financial Advice Read more
- ICMA announces collaboration with IsDB and LSEG for developing guidance for practitioners on Green Sukuk Read more
- Crypto.com Receives Authorisation as an Electronic Money Institution from the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority Read more