308. Insights: Fintech Friday in Luxembourg
Last year we introduced you to the wonderful world of Luxembourg fintech through LHoFT, nine months later we’ve been invited back.
Laura Watkins explores how Luxembourg has solidified its place in Europe as a fintech hub and how this tiny country plans to extend its reach globally by talking to some of the key players in Luxembourg’s fintech space, including:
- Pierre Gramegna, Luxembourg Finance Minister,
- Nasir Zubairi, CEO of LHoFT – (lux House of Fin Tech)
- Susanne Schartz, Chief Operating Officer, Seqvoia, a homegrown Luxembourg fintech
- Luc Falempin, CEO at tokeny.com
- Alberto Dalmasso, Co-Founder and CEO of Satispay
Laura finds out how Luxembourg is capitalising on interest in blockchain, supporting ‘older’ fintechs that sowed the seeds for the fintech hub and what outsiders think about the small country with big ambitions and why some of them are relocating to the picturesque nation surrounded by major European economic players.
Luxembourg has managed to attract major global players like Amazon and Alipay, has considerable global ambitions and that’s just scratching the surface. It seems as though David has managed to take on Goliath in this situation and Luxembourg is well on its way to becoming a global fintech powerhouse with the ecosystem they’ve managed to put in place.
All this and so much more on today’s show.
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and let us know your thoughts on the stories @FintechInsiders on Twitter where you can also ask the hosts questions, or email [email protected]
This week’s episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- Security Bank drives digital transformation of wealth management business with Avaloq Read more
- Prove Identity Partners with TargetData to Continue Expansion into Brazil Read more
- Satago Joins the NayaOne Marketplace Read more
- Hummingbird Launches Automations Product To Take On Time-Consuming Compliance Tasks Read more
- Tandem Bank launches affordability calculator Read more