About Brian Hanrahan
CEO of Nuapay SAS & CCO of Sentenial Group, with a twenty-year track record of leading all-star teams who create transformative products and deliver commercial success at scale. I’m focused on changing the payments sector and sharing the opportunities created by open banking and embedded finance with our clients and partners.
As a technological optimist, founder and business builder, the latest of which was acquired for >$100m, I love the famous Peter Drucker quote – “the best way to predict the future is to create it” – and what it tells us all about human potential and simply getting on with things.
That’s what we’ve been doing at Sentenial and our regulated subsidiary, Nuapay, which was recently acquired by Australian Stock Exchange listed EML Payments (ASX:EML). We are Europe’s leading account-to-account payments and open banking provider, profitably processing more than €45 billion annually for:
– Banks (including Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group, and Citi)
– Corporates/Merchants/PSPs (including Visa Cybersource, Worldpay, Western Union, and Hertz)
– Plus thousands of SMEs.
Being part of a highly interconnected and collaborative industry I welcome opportunities to advance policy & ecosystem development with regulators, standards bodies and peers.
Prior to Sentenial I worked inside a Bank for a couple of years (Asset Management/Equity Analysis) and back in my teens I founded my first two businesses in the Ecommerce arena. That experience undoubtedly sparked my passion for mentoring start-ups and younger people.
• CEO / CxO / Sales / Product / Strategy Executive
• Track record of designing and leading Fintech companies to scale by delivering material value to clients, partners & shareholders
• Strong experience of negotiating and managing multi-million-euro contracts (buy & sell sides)
• Conducted business in more than 17 countries
• Built and led teams distributed across 6 European countries
• Approved holder of regulated roles under both the UK’s FCA & France’s ACPR