Top FinTech Allpay Preps Eco Card to Its Bill Payments Offering
Top FinTech allpay has long been proud of its green credentials. As part of its commitment to a greener future, it is now aiming to add an ‘eco card’ to its Bill Payments offering.
The plastic swipe cards, launched to market over 25 years ago to facilitate revenue collection within the UK public and social housing sector, will, by spring 2021, become degradable. The company is planning a full replacement of present PVC stock and upgrades to its technical functionality.
“We’ve been green in-house for a number of years, producing thousands of PVC cards year-on-year, however, we’d like to help align our partners with a greener strategy,” said Michelle Pacey, commercial director. “allpay now have the ability to introduce degradable swipe cards to the wider market, with no deterioration in technical quality or capability, which will help to support our customers with their journeys in becoming greener.”
Having introduced a degradable material into its manufacturing process allpay has been able to create a card that combines customary durability with the capacity to decompose under the correct conditions – such as a compost bin.
The upgrade for all clients to an eco-card will be a positive step forward, whilst being able to maintain the technical properties, physical characteristics, and aesthetics of their original counterparts as well as a brand-new mag stripe will mean the card is less susceptible to interference.
The eco-cards are expected to hit the market in spring this year, with existing clients being offered the opportunity to switch to the eco-upgrade to replace existing card stock ahead of launch.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- New R&D Tax Credit Could Leave Lots to Be Desired for Struggling UK SME’s Read more
- Leading Insurance Franchisor Reaches $1 Billion Milestone, Earns Industry Accolades Read more
- RISE Announces Winners of $1.5 Million Flood Insurance of the Future Challenge Read more
- Newgen Partners with Mambu to Streamline End-to-end Lending Processes Read more
- BayPort Credit Union Wins Two CUNA Diamond Awards for Creative Excellence in Marketing Read more