Klarna and Airbnb offer flexible payments for guests
Klarna, the AI powered global payments network and shopping destination, has joined forces with Airbnb in a first-of-its-kind partnership to provide guests in the US and Canada with flexible payment options when booking their next stay. With Klarna’s seamless, sustainable and flexible payment solutions, booking a hilltop holiday home, cozy cabin, or oceanfront oasis has never been more convenient and accessible.
Guests in the US and Canada can now apply to pay for stays in four interest-free installments over six weeks, and for bookings over $500, guests in the US can apply to pay monthly. More markets will be added throughout the year.
”We’re thrilled to team up with Airbnb and bring Klarna’s flexible services to travelers all over the world!” said Sebastian Siemiatkowski, Co-founder and CEO of Klarna. “We know that one of the top requests from Airbnb guests was more options to pay for their stays, so we’re super excited to offer interest free payment options and support their mission to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.”
84% of consumers indicated they were more likely to use an installment option such as “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) to pay for their trip, according to Payments Journal. This is further evidence of BNPL’s growing popularity in the US, as Klarna sees more than 7 million monthly active app users and 34 million consumers across North America. Airbnb is the latest retailer to join Klarna’s network of 500,000 partners globally as the company expands into the travel and experiences sector.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Trovata Moves Upmarket with Multibank API Integration Available to SAP and Oracle Customers Read more
- Invesco Advisers Announces Portfolio Management Changes for Invesco Municipal Closed-End Funds Read more
- Guardz Launches AI-Powered Multilayered Phishing Protection To Secure SMEs Read more
- Andorix Deploys HFR Networks’ Time Sensitive Networking Switch to Deliver Converged In-Building Services Read more
- Codego Launches the New Era of Crypto Gift Cards Read more