Global Payments to offer Pay by Bank app
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN), a leading worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions, announced today that it will begin offering Mastercard’s ‘Pay by Bank app’ to its customers in the UK to pay for goods and services directly from their bank account.
Pay by Bank app offers a streamlined and secure payment solution by enabling the user to pay seamlessly from their banking app. Transactions take place in real time and allow customers to make payments effortlessly without sharing financial information. This enhanced payment experience optimises the checkout procedure reducing cart abandonment rates and helping merchants increase revenues.
“We are thrilled to be working with Mastercard to offer this frictionless payment solution to our customers,” said Pete Bettles, Chief Operating Officer at Global Payments UK. “As the number of ecommerce transactions continues to rise, customers need to be ‘digital by default’ in order to offer a smooth and secure user journey. We remain committed to delivering software driven cutting-edge payment solutions and our partnership with Mastercard allows our customers to be at the forefront of the next generation in digital payments.”
Mark Barnett, President, Mastercard UK, Ireland, Nordics and Baltics, said: “Pay by Bank app will truly shape the future of ecommerce, bringing benefits to both the consumer and merchant alike. Working with Global Payments is yet another boost for the infrastructure we are building, allowing us to provide fast, secure and convenient payment methods to millions of users.”
- Allica Bank launches five-year interest-only commercial mortgages Read more
- 8G Capital, Boutique Financial Advisory Firm Offers Citizenship by Investment Read more
- Korea Cross-Border FinTech E9pay and Shinhan Bank Join Forces to Promote Convergence and New Business Opportunities Read more
- Tom Mcfarland – Novidea – Insurtech Insights Europe 2023 Read more
- VeUp Targets Fintech Industry With Acquisition of M3 Payments Technology Suite Read more