Ep. 185. Insights: Fintech for All
Today we’re bringing you an insights show with a difference. A couple of months ago our 11:FS CEO David Brear was invited to be a judge of Tech City UK’s Fintech for All competition. This was a nationwide competition in 2017 to find fintech startups that make financial services work for everyone.
As well as some fantastic entrants and eventual winners, this event got us thinking about the wider implications of financial inclusion. Therefore we felt we really needed to do a podcast to delve into the issues raised.and what this competition really highlighted, and how best the problems of financial inclusion and serving the underbanked can be solved in the UK.
Joining us we had both the Tech City UK team behind the event and also an event sponsor and an event winner:
- Laura Coffey – Head of Fintech at Tech City UK
- Gregoire Michel – Senior Program Manager at Tech City UK
- Miles Debrah – Evaluation Grant Manager at Money Advice Service
- Virraj Jatania – CEO & Co-founder, Pockit
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- BondExchange Launches First Embedded Surety Application Read more
- Invstr Named Best Social Trading Platform of 2023 by FinTech Breakthrough Awards Read more
- Ally Names Russell Hutchinson as Chief Financial Officer Read more
- Interactive Brokers Expected to Raise Interest Rates to USD 4.33% on Instantly Available Cash Read more
- Bit Digital, Inc. Announces Strategic Investment in Auros Global Limited Read more