Cover Genius Accelerates Executive Hiring As Demand For Embedded Protection Continues to Increase
Cover Genius, the insurtech for embedded insurance, is pleased to announce the expansion of its leadership team with a series of strategic hires. The insurtech has increased hiring despite the tech industry downturn, with a sustainable headcount growth of 117% YoY and key additions to the leadership team including:
- Barney Pierce as Senior Vice President of Partnerships in APAC. He joins Cover Genius after a successful career in senior leadership positions at Google, responsible for go-to-market, sales and partnerships for Google’s Media and Marketing Technology business in New York, Sydney and Mountain View, CA.
- David Schaede joins the growing US team as Vice President of Strategic Partnerships – Property to oversee and expand partnerships in proptech and real estate. David joins after a foundational role at insurtech firm, Matic.
- Germany-based Zinovia Wendlandt also joins the team as Vice President of Strategic Partnerships – Business Services to oversee EMEA partnerships with software and other B2B companies. Zinovia joins after a successful career leading partnerships at Munich Re Digital Partners in New York.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Barney, David and Zinovia to our leadership team as we continue to grow our collaborative partnerships with leading brands across multiple business verticals including fintech, retail, proptech, business services and more – who are enjoying what the insurtech difference means to their bottom lines,” said Angus McDonald, CEO and co-founder of Cover Genius. “The substantial growth of our global team marks a significant achievement as we continue to scale and propel our mission to protect all the customers of the world’s largest digital companies. We know customers desire protection from their favorite brands, and look forward to helping even more partners seamlessly integrate with XCover to bring tailored protection to their millions of customers.”
This announcement follows a milestone year of growth for the insurtech which recently announced its acquisition of Booking Protect which adds another 350 live event and ticketing platform distributors to their refund protection solution. The deal sits alongside other recent announcements including strategic investments in India and South East Asia, expansion of its carrier licensing arrangements, and partnerships in several key verticals addressed through the new hires including property technology companies like Rhino and RMS Cloud; travel brands such as Booking Holdings, Skyscanner and Hopper; airlines such as Ryanair and Icelandair; global retailers including eBay, Wayfair, Flipkart and Shopee; auto, gig economy and mobility brands like Ola; fintechs like Intuit and BNPL player Zip; logistics brands like Descartes ShipRush and Freightos; and ticketing companies like AXS. XCover is also available at Amazon.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Fintech Talents Festival will take place on the 14th – 15th November at The Brewery, London Read more
- Policygenius and CBIZ Announce Partnership to Expand Life Insurance Offerings Read more
- Payhawk Launches Business Credit Cards to Offer UK Enterprises a Smart Alternative Read more
- Pelrio Chooses Nordigen As Their Open Banking Provider Read more
- Gigable Partners with Weavr For Instant Gig Worker Payments Read more