376. Insights: The future of New York fintech
Recorded live from the Big Apple, our expert hosts, David Brear and Sam Maule, are joined by some fantastic guests at our After Dark event in New York to talk about all things fintech and banking in the US.
For this After Dark show, David and Sam were joined by:
- Melissa Stevens – Chief Digital Officer Fifth Third Bank
- Angela Galardi Ceresnie – CEO of Climb Credit
- Chris Maddern – Co-Founder and Chief Innovation Officer, Button
In our pun-filled show, we kick things off by discussing some of the biggest apples in the Big Apple. We dive into Marcus by Goldman Sachs, Silicon Valley’s expansion into New York, Apple Pay, and much much more. (03:55)
Next up, it’s all about new skins and legacy cores. What are American fintechs’ secret sauce? What is their advantage over big banks, even if they’re not licensed? And, are fintech players even making a dent? (27:18)
To round things off, we look towards the future – forbidden fruit and the next big apple. We discuss OCC being denied fintech charters, faster payments being pushed back, and the next big New York fintech story. (34:46)
All this and so much more on today’s show.
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS – the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don’t forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- Vencora acquires CREALOGIX Read more
- Bottomline Unveils Enhanced Internal Threat Management Solution Read more
- TerraPay joins forces with Diamond Trust Bank Uganda, to simplify global money transfers in Uganda Read more
- Security Bank drives digital transformation of wealth management business with Avaloq Read more
- Prove Identity Partners with TargetData to Continue Expansion into Brazil Read more