322. Insights: Are mortgages broken?
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
David and Jeff take a close look at mortgages, a painful process Jeff recently went through. Research shows that people who have gone through the process felt stressed, lost sleep, half of the couples rowed over the process and 1 in 10 couples stopped having sex! Furthermore, 1 in 10 sought GP help due to effects on mental health. What is broken here?
The duo is joined by a panel of fantastic guests to tell us more about the mortgages market, why some of these challenges exist and what changes are coming:
- Maria Harris – Director of Intermediary Lending, Atom
- Toril Steinmo – Head of Loans, DNB
- Dan Hegarty – CEO, Habito
- Vadim Toader – CEO, Proportunity
The panel discusses how applying for mortgages is one of the most stressful processes in our lives, as humans have integral anxiety about shelter for themselves and their family. The panel argues that the product is not built around the consumer’s needs, but rather quite simple data made incredibly opaque. Vadim Toader explains the process like planning a wedding, you don’t have any prior knowledge about the process, and hopefully, when you have done it once you don’t have to think about it ever again.
Thoril Steinmo explains how the process is very different in Norway, and the panel asks, what is inhibiting the UK to have the same process as they do in Norway? Is there an urgent need for a clearer and more transparent language that customer actually understands?
All this and so much more on today’s show.
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and let us know your thoughts on the stories @FintechInsiders on Twitter where you can also ask the hosts questions, or email [email protected]
This week’s episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- BitGo Partners With Coincover to Lead the Way in Digital Asset Protection Read more
- Embedded Finance as a Service: SAP Fioneer launches B2B embedded finance platform Read more
- EXCLUSIVE: “Getting Closer” – Terrie Smith, DIGISEQ in ‘The Fintech Magazine’ Read more
- SavvyMoney Celebrates Signing of 1000th Financial Institution Amid Rapid Growth Read more
- Nene Capital Successfully Concludes First Acquisition of 2023 Read more