303. News: Magic beans
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
This week we have some great stories for you as Sarah and Simon are joined by three great guests:
- Mel Palmer, CMO Exo Investing
- Matt Valentine, Barclays UK Ventures
- Ali Paterson, Editor in Chief, Fintech Finance
We kick off the episode by taking a look at some of the problems Revolut have been suffering from lately and the culture issues that are on-going. The general consensus is that response from Revolut has been tone-deaf at best and a great product is being lost to reputational issues, although Sarah disagrees that a product is still good if it’s proven to be unlawful. The story is just the gift that keeps on giving (01:38).
Next up, we talk about the Women in Fin Powerlist 2019 featuring two of our very oen 11:FS staff. It came out just in time for International Women’s Day. Launched in 2015, the Women in FinTech Powerlist has increasingly attracted a global audience and an unprecedented number of nominations and applications. We take a look at if these lists shine a light on the issues or if it’s just political and there are some interesting discussions around who’s actually appearing on these lists (08:04).
Other stories include:
- Bank of Ireland’s multi billion euro tech bill
- AI is a non-starter for 40% of startups
- Facebook’s cryptocoin
- Grab gobbles $1.4 billion investment to build super app
- Chime rounds out epic new fundraising round
- Nationwide wants in on core banking
- And finally, Goldman Sachs is loosening its dress code
All this and much much more on this week’s news show.
Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and let us know your thoughts on the stories @FintechInsiders on Twitter where you can also ask the hosts questions, or email [email protected]
This week’s episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- New debit card and app launches to help those living with dementia to safely manage spending Read more
- Encompass Unveils pKYC Maturity Model to Set Benchmark for Regulatory Compliance Read more
- BitGo Partners With Coincover to Lead the Way in Digital Asset Protection Read more
- Embedded Finance as a Service: SAP Fioneer launches B2B embedded finance platform Read more
- EXCLUSIVE: “Getting Closer” – Terrie Smith, DIGISEQ in ‘The Fintech Magazine’ Read more