287. News: Bank like Rihanna
Our hosts David, Jason and Leda are joined by Jeppe Rindom, CEO of Pleo, Saalim Chowdhury, Partner at 500 Startups and Simon Vans-Colina, Engineer at Monzo.
First up, RBS takes stake in student-focused fintech 02:22
Google gets go-ahead from Central Bank for payments 08:52
Two-Thirds of Financial Decision-Makers Believe Tech Giants Will Offer Retail Banking in Five Years 13:29
Logging In to Your Bank Account Is Now a $3 Billion Business 15:25
Our Open Banking expert, Adam Davis had a few minutes to bring a little more insight 22:09
Starling eyes France and Germany 24:43
We also have an AMA with an intriguing three part question from a listener at Microsoft 34:55
At last, US banks are introducing contactless cards 52:09
New challenger bank on UK scene, Chetwood Financial 56:32
We have a great interview with Chetwood Financial COO, Mark Jenkinson to find out more 57:53
And finally, UK start-up Viola Black tunes in with account launch 1:05:54
All this and so much more on today’s episode of Fintech Insider!
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the fintech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
Let us know your thoughts @FintechInsiders and join the discussion by signing up at www.fintechinsidernews.com
This week’s episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!
- Vencora acquires CREALOGIX Read more
- Bottomline Unveils Enhanced Internal Threat Management Solution Read more
- TerraPay joins forces with Diamond Trust Bank Uganda, to simplify global money transfers in Uganda Read more
- Security Bank drives digital transformation of wealth management business with Avaloq Read more
- Prove Identity Partners with TargetData to Continue Expansion into Brazil Read more