About Mohamed Assem
Diversified 20 years of experience in the digital payment and financial services Business.
• Started my career as a software developer at ITWORX and a professor teacher assistant.
• Joined Giesecke & Devrient in 2002 as a software developer specialized in Smartcard programming and Payment security, followed by being Payment Operation Manager and EMV consultant for Banks in MEA
region. Appointed as member of the company’s team responsible to build its global product strategy.
• Joined MasterCard in 2009 to build the mobile payment eco system in Egypt, moved across multiple roles including business development, product development, government relations, and sales. Appointed in
2018 as Country Manager for Egypt.
• Worked closely with technology companies, fintechs, banks, governments, and the regulators responsible for developing the payment landscape in Egypt and other countries in the MEA region.
• During this journey I developed multiple skills: design thinking, strategic thinking, strategy execution, leadership, transformation, business modeling and product development.