Chief Risk Officer
About Andrew Lewis
Particular expertise in the creation and implementation of strategies to restructure or generate new revenue streams and facilitate exceptional growth and expansion. Experience of scale leadership, start-up and change management. Delivery of Core Performance as well as adoption of disruptive technology and AI deployment.
– Co-founder, Executive Sponsor and Director for Esme Loans Ltd, NatWest’s digital platform for SME loans. Winner of best newcomer and most innovative lender at the 2018 and 2019 NACFB Awards respectively.
– Executive lead for the digital transformation for NatWest Commercial, the UK’s largest lender with £100bn of assets and £4bn revenue. Delivered new digital online lending journeys up to £750k, including pre-assessed limits, auto-decisioning, digital-docs and e-signatures. Parallel simplification and automation of the analogue Commercial lending franchise.
– Directed key aspects of the 10-year recovery plan of the RBS Group, the largest corporate restructure in banking history. Balance sheet restructure and capital rebuild to pass stress tests, return to profitability and initiate dividend payments prior to privatisation.
– Led key aspects of the complete redesign of the global risk management and compliance function for RBS, requiring the effective management of a major change programme involving over 5,000 risk personnel and impacting business practices of ~120,000 first line staff.
– Drove all firm wide risk-related aspects of the highly complex transition of RBS from a two-bank (plc and NV) to a one-bank model, following the ABN merger.
– A key senior member of RBS’ multi award winning European securitisation team, transforming the sales performance in the mature UK and Nordic FI markets.