Wellet and phos partner to enable contactless smartphone payments in Germany
Wellet is transforming payments in Germany. Using phos’ innovative technology, Wellet customers can now turn any NFC-enabled Android device into a payments terminal. This eliminates the need for merchants to purchase expensive POS card machines.
The app works off a smartphone’s in-built NFC chip technology. Therefore, no additional equipment is required when using the application, removing the need to spend money on equipment repairs. As it is accessible on a smartphone, the Wellet app is always on hand when required.
Importantly, no monthly fee is collected for the use of the app, making it affordable for small and medium-sized businesses.
Sergei Tokmakov, CEO of Wellet said: “We’re excited to have partnered with phos to bring a more efficient and cost-effective way of accepting payments to Germany. Due to the high costs associated with physical terminals, many small businesses have traditionally traded with cash. However, health and safety concerns associated with the COVID-19 pandemic made people more hesitant to handle cash. So this SoftPoS technology will be integral to transforming payments in the country, allowing for secure, safe, and easy payments.”
Brad Hyett, CEO of phos, added: “Consumers now demand easy and seamless payment options. As we move away from cash and shift to a digital-first economy, it’s important that we equip businesses with affordable, alternative payment solutions to the expensive physical PoS terminals. It’s great to be working with Wellet to bring this transformative app, powered by our SoftPoS technology, to German merchants. Our technology is already being used by entrepreneurs in 15 different countries, with plans to expand to the U.S. this year. ”
The Wellet app is secure and safe for users, having been authenticated by German legislation.
The Wellet app only works on android smartphones. It is available on the Google App store. With the smart app customers can make cashless payments with VISA, EC, Mastercard and other credit cards.
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more