Wefox Continues Investment in AI and Innovation With Third Tech Hub Opening
wefox, the world’s leading insurtech, is continuing its investment in AI and innovation with a new tech hub opening.
Based in Milan, Italy, the tech hub is the third of its kind for the business. The other two are based in Paris, France and Barcelona, Spain. The latest hub will focus on AI to accelerate the wefox strategy. The team will build and deploy cutting edge innovation that continues to break trends in insurtech and disrupt the insurance industry whilst endorsing wefox as a significant tech player.
Sergi Baños, Chief Technology Officer at wefox, said: “I am excited by the synergy our customers and business partners will enjoy as a result of the expansion of our tech strategy and the opening of our new tech hub in Milan. We have proved already that AI helps us to increase product innovation, it increases productivity for our brokers, and it reduces fraud. In Milan, we will invent and build new technology to accelerate our embedded insurance products through our affinity partnerships.
“To be able to open our third tech hub off the back of our recent series D fundraising round of $400mn and our post-money valuation of $4.5bn – which is a 50% increase from our valuation last year of $3bn – is a real testament to our business strategy and discipline. We are reimaging insurance through technology. We are helping to keep people safe and prevent risk. We are making insurance 10 times better.”
The new tech hub will employ a team of highly skilled tech experts. wefox has grown the business from 650 people in 2021 to more than 1600 today.
Companies In This Post
- Lumos Technologies Releases Lumos Prime+ Score for Small Business Loans Exclusively Through Lenders Cooperative Read more
- FIN-FSA withdraws Nada express osk’s registration under the Act on Payment Institutions to provide payment service without authorisation Read more
- Trustly closes acquisition of Ecospend – becoming the leading Open Banking payments company in the UK Read more
- Ripple Names Monica Long As President Read more
- OneSpan to Acquire Blockchain Technology Provider ProvenDB to Bring Secure Vaulting to the Future of Digital Transactions Read more