Weavr Raises a Further £7m to Power Any Digital Application With Financial Services
Weavr, a London-based technology company that allows businesses to embed banking and payments into their mobile app or SaaS platforms, announced today the closing of £7m in seed funding. The round was led by global firm Headline (formerly e.ventures) with participation from European seed-stage fund, Seedcamp, industry-expert Anthemis, and fintech-focused QED Investors.
The funding comes as Weavr exceeded its Q1 growth targets by 250% and will be used to accelerate internationalization and product development. It is an extension to the £3m of seed capital raised late last year.
Enabling Any Business to Become a Fintech
With intuitive APIs and built-in compliance models, Weavr’s customers are able to design, build and run their own in-app financial services in a matter of days. This is in stark contrast to the time and resource-intensive solutions currently on the market.
Since its inception in 2019, Weavr has focused on enabling non-financial applications to deliver financial products alongside their core offering. Current clients span a variety of industries such as health and wellness, education, real estate, and future of work and include service providers like Finway, Thanks Ben, MySkillCamp, and more. With Weavr:
- A healthcare provider can organise all the payments connected with a course of treatment to be made to a dedicated account and then automate payments to clinicians, labs, and facilities involved
- A grocery delivery app can offer digital wallets to their riders for direct tipping, or provide cash-backs to their customers
- A workforce upskilling SaaS can be turned into a solution to empower employees to buy their own training.
- A fitness app can become the means for sports brands or insurances to reward active lifestyles
- A housing messaging board can be turned into a powerful fundraising platform for collective tenant action.
“The need for simple and accessible tools to integrate banking in everyday products and services is urgent” said Alex Mifsud, co-founder and CEO of Weavr. “As the world begins to look beyond the COVID-19 crisis and the possibilities stemming from lasting changes in consumer and business behavior, embedded banking offers extraordinary potential for the future of work, the move away from cash, and the integration of financial services into all manners of digital businesses.”
“Weavr is empowering businesses of all sizes realize the full potential of digital banking,” said Michael Kent, Venture Partner at Headline. “With compliance at the heart of the platform, Weavr is drastically reducing the risk and financial commitment required to launch and scale embedded banking solutions. We see tremendous opportunity for the company to redefine digital banking for the service sector.”
German expense and budget management startup, Finway, leverages Weavr for accounting and invoice automation. Csaba Krümmer, Co-Founder and Managing Director, said: “Embedded banking is core to our solution, so finding a partner that could deliver excellent banking services was not just important, it was crucial to our success. Combined with a need to get to market quickly without sacrificing quality, we knew it was going to take the right partnership to make our vision of Finway a reality. We assessed all providers in the market extensively, and Weavr was the clear winner.”
“We asked them to help us go live as fast as humanly possible – and just four weeks later, we are processing live transactions with all the capabilities we need. Their speed to market, world-class tech, and a team of experts are something that we couldn’t find anywhere else in the industry.”
Looking ahead, Weavr will continue to build on the early validation of its unique approach to set a new standard for speed and simplicity in deploying embedded banking solutions.
Companies In This Post
- EXCLUSIVE: “Stars in their Eyes” – Ron Rock, JobsOhio, Tomaso Mansutti, wefox; Greg Murphy, INSTANDA and Sam Fromson, YuLife in ‘The Insurtech Magazine’ Read more
- Recent Trends in Payments | Stephen Grainger | Mastercard Read more
- Versapay Appoints Fintech Veteran as New Chief Product Officer (CPO) Read more
- LMAX Digital Continues its Expansion with Senior Institutional Sales Appointments in the US and Europe Read more
- CWallet Partners with M2P to Launch Pre-paid and Multicurrency Cards in Qatar Read more