Varonis Announces Trailblazing Features for Securing Sensitive Data in Salesforce
Varonis Systems, Inc., a pioneer in data security and analytics, today announced groundbreaking new features to help companies close critical security and compliance gaps in Salesforce. These enhancements are part of DatAdvantage Cloud, which gives customers a single pane of glass to protect critical data across Salesforce, Google Drive, Box, AWS, Okta, Jira, Slack, GitHub, and Zoom.
Salesforce can be a blind spot for security and compliance teams. Over time, permissions sprawl out of control, misconfigurations arise, and countless apps connect to Salesforce via APIs to read and write data. Most organizations can’t see where sensitive data lives within Salesforce, who has access to it, or who uses it, making it difficult to maintain a strong security posture and comply with regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, and PCI-DSS regulations.
This new release of Varonis for Salesforce represents a breakthrough in SaaS data protection, with capabilities to address a broad range of security and compliance use cases:
- Quickly understand exposure: Varonis radically simplifies permissions analysis by revealing a user’s net effective permissions and how they got them — so you can finally answer the question, “Who can access sensitive data?”
- Classify sensitive files and attachments: Varonis scans files attached to objects in Salesforce and auto-tags sensitive items using patented data classification technology.
- Right-size sprawling permissions: Fix compliance gaps and reduce exposure — from former employees and ex-contractors with active logins to regular users allowed to export every record.
- Detect anomalous activity: Out-of-the-box alerts can detect internal and external threats, such as users accessing an unusual number of Salesforce objects or an admin deactivating a critical update.
- Pinpoint misconfigurations: The SSPM dashboard helps detect problems with organization-wide settings, discover shadow instances, and spot vulnerabilities such as misconfigurations that can expose data publicly.
“I’d heard horror stories about Salesforce permissions and how literally hundreds can be applied in a manner of different ways, but I didn’t realize how complicated our permission sets had grown,” said Tony Hamil, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer at a top real estate organization. “DatAdvantage Cloud is a single pane of glass that not only helps us secure data in Salesforce, but also gives us cross-cloud visibility that we couldn’t get otherwise.”
“Salesforce is one of the biggest and most complex repositories of confidential and regulated data,” said David Bass, Executive VP of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer, Varonis. “This new release gives customers critical visibility and protection they simply can’t get natively. Varonis’ platform approach helps companies unify their cloud security controls and detect threats across their SaaS environment within a single, easy-to-deploy product.”
Companies In This Post
- Achieve launches new brand and expanded suite of offerings Read more
- Royal Park Partners on track to double revenue in 2022 as it celebrates third birthday Read more
- Weavr Announces Win-Win for Security and Convenience to Drive Crucial Embedded Finance Adoption Read more
- N26 becomes the first neobank to join Bizum Read more
- TerraPay and NPCI International collaborate to drive seamless merchant payments via UPI-enabled QR codes Read more