Swift appoints Stephen Grainger as Chief Executive for Americas & UK Region
Swift today announces the appointment of Stephen Grainger as the Chief Executive for Americas & UK Region. Grainger was most recently Executive Vice President at Mastercard, leading the development and commercialisation of its global Cross-Border Services business, servicing banks, digital platforms, and non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs).
Starting in his new role at Swift today, Grainger will drive the region’s overarching direction and growth, focusing his efforts on further developing strategic customer relationships, supporting customers as they work to transform the cross-border payment experience for their end clients, and working with securities players to improve the efficiency of post-trade processing.
Grainger brings two decades of global industry experience in the banking world as well as an insightful perspective into the Swift business having previously served in senior business development roles at the cooperative. A leader in the payments industry, he has also held positions at Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, and Citigroup.
Rosemary Stone, Chief Business Development Officer, Swift, commented: Stephen’s industry experience makes him ideally qualified to lead our Americas and UK businesses into the next stage of growth, as we continue to deliver our strategic objectives to best serve the Swift community.”
Stephen Grainger, Chief Executive for Americas & UK region, Swift, added: “I am delighted to be returning to Swift at this particularly exciting stage in the organisation’s development. I greatly look forward to supporting the business as it works to transform cross-border payments and securities processing for the benefit of the financial industry.”
Companies In This Post
- Oxbury Bank — Britain’s Only Dedicated AgTech Bank — Announces Breakeven and on Target for £1 Billion in Lending Read more
- Battleface Makes Debut Into Canada Through Partnership With Hunter McCorquodale Read more
- NEAR Foundation & NYU SPS Collaborate on Web3 & Sports Industry Workshop Read more
- Diebold Nixdorf Announces Octavio Marquez Elected as Chairman Read more
- Apollo Global Management, Neuberger Berman and Oaktree Capital Provide Private Markets Perspectives in Pm Alpha Outlook Webcast Read more