Revolut announces 5 million UK customers and its biggest campaign ever
Revolut, the global financial super-app with more than 20 million customers worldwide and over five million in the UK, is launching its 2022 brand campaign to show consumers how they can break into previously closed off worlds of money. Revolut has launched an omni-channel marketing campaign with presence on linear TV, digital TV, OOH billboards, digital marketing channels, podcasts and more.
The new Revolut brand campaign, entitled ‘Your Way In’, portrays the most rewarding opportunities in money that have not been available to most of us. Traditionally they’ve been too expensive, too complicated or too difficult for us all to access. Revolut is crashing through those traditions to unlock a world of money that most people never thought they could be part of, and give people the confidence to make the most of it.
The TV spot, directed by Craig Gillespie (Cruella, I Tonya, Pam & Tommy) and produced by MJZ, is an energetic visual feast, as viewers are taken on an action packed journey across the world including:
- A western financial city district where a woman on a toilet crashes into a room of traders whilst trading stocks on her smartphone
- A travelling backpacker crashes into different countries to pay for food and drink on the go, including at a French boulangerie, on an Indian train carriage, and at a Kowloon market
- A young woman at home requesting money from her friend who’s training on an exercise bike
- Revolut announces 5 million UK customers and its biggest campaign everFinally, a teenage boy crashes into a Prague barbershop for a quick peach fuzz trim and pays contactlessly with his Revolut <18 card
Created in partnership with Wieden+Kennedy London, the television advert will premiere on August 26 and run until the end of October. Those keen to watch it this week can tune in to Friday’s episode of Coronation Street at 20:00pm on ITV, or view it on Revolut’s LinkedIn page.
The ‘Your Way In’ TV spot echoes the wider marketing campaign, which will also see billboards, buses and Underground posters displayed across Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, and London – including iconic locations such as Old Street roundabout and Waterloo Station.
Traditionally money has only been in the hands of the elite, but Revolut lets any money underdog access wealth and power. The out of home marketing shows the opposite of the ‘elite, powerful stereotype’ and instead shows a diverse range of characters gaining financial empowerment. As an example, one includes an image of a young woman alongside text saying “This is a money guy”.
The campaign is shot by exciting young photographer Aidan Zamiri, who bought his signature studio style to bear following work with artists including FKA Twigs, Shygirl and Yung Lean.
Quentin Luce, Revolut Global Head of Integrated Media, said, “We’re delighted to share a campaign that speaks to the money underdog. The most rewarding opportunities in money have not been available to most of us. They’ve been too expensive, too complicated or too difficult for us all to access. Revolut changes all of that. Revolut is one simple app that unlocks a world of money that most people never thought possible, and gives people the confidence to make the most of it.
“As we celebrate reaching 5 million customers in the UK, we want to empower more people to do things they haven’t been able to before, and invite them into a club that’s open to all.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Security Bank drives digital transformation of wealth management business with Avaloq Read more
- Prove Identity Partners with TargetData to Continue Expansion into Brazil Read more
- Satago Joins the NayaOne Marketplace Read more
- Hummingbird Launches Automations Product To Take On Time-Consuming Compliance Tasks Read more
- Tandem Bank launches affordability calculator Read more