Openpay sports latest partnerships haul with Cardiff City, Newport Country, Hashtag United and Wasps
Openpay, the UK’s next generation, interest-free payment solution has today announced partnerships with four leading UK sports clubs: Cardiff City, Newport County, Hashtag United and Wasps. After a year of fast-expansion, Openpay’s roster of sports partnerships has now increased to fourteen clubs across racing, rugby and football, including recent additions Fulham FC, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Brentford FC.
Launching ahead of the 2021/2022 season, fans will benefit from Openpay’s ‘Buy now. Pay Smarter’ payment solution, which spreads the cost of purchases over 2-3 month plans, without interest. Fans are required to make an initial down-payment when purchasing replica shirts or other merchandise, encouraging responsible spending and minimising returns.
Cardiff City, Newport County and Wasps join Openpay’s ever increasing merchant list of professional sports clubs, while Hashtag United becomes the Australian fintech’s first ever e-Sports signing. The club, who also have a semi-professional team competing in the lower levels of the football pyramid, will be offering Openpay’s payment plans to a new generation of football and gaming fans.
Georgina Whalley, Interim UK CEO and Group CMO, Openpay, said: “We’re delighted to announce official partnerships with Cardiff City, Hashtag United, Newport County and Wasps. The buzz of matches returning is at fever pitch, and off the back of a summer of sport which inspired so many, we’re excited to help fans of all four clubs split the costs of merchandise over a period which suits them.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- FCA introduces tough new rules for marketing cryptoassets Read more
- EasySend and Imburse, a DuckCreek Company, Are Partnering to Streamline End-to-end Digital Payment Processes Read more
- NEXT Insurance and Gusto Expand Partnership to Modernize Embedded Payroll Experience Read more
- SEC To Sue Top Exchanges, Bitcoin Sent Into a Tailspin Read more
- Cover Whale Ushers in New Era of Insurtech with Industry’s First Chief AI Officer Read more