N26 announces landmark Series E funding round of more than $900 Million
The Mobile Bank N26 today announced its record-breaking $900+ million Series E funding round, the largest financing round to date for a digital bank in Europe. The recent funding increases the company’s valuation to more than $9 billion, making the Berlin-based pioneer the highest valued fintech in Germany, and ranking it amongst the top 20 fintechs in the world.
The round was led by renowned New York-based tech investors Third Point Ventures and Coatue Management, and joined by Dragoneer Investment Group as well as N26’s existing investors. N26 was also supported by Goldman Sachs Bank Europe who acted as the placement agent for the round.
Valentin Stalf, CEO and co-Founder of N26: “This recent financing round solidifies the fact that retail banking as we know it has changed. With our fresh capital, we are in pole position to become one of the biggest retail banks in Europe, all without a single branch.”
Heath Terry, Partner at Third Point Ventures: “N26 has established itself as a leading tech-forward global digital bank. We are excited to provide capital and strategic support to accelerate N26’s work to make digital retail banking accessible to millions.”
The Mobile Bank will use its fresh funding to significantly expand its mobile banking offering. N26 will also scale its global team further, and aims to bring on board 1,000 new team members in the coming years, with a particular focus on the areas of product, technology and cybersecurity.
In addition, N26 will significantly expand its employee equity pool, while broadening Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) participation to 100% of employees as part of one of the largest ESOP programs in Europe.
Maximilian Tayenthal, Co-CEO and co-founder of N26: “It is hugely important to us that we can share the success of N26 with our employees. Without them, we would not be the company we are today.”
To lay even stronger foundations for sustainable future growth, N26 has agreed with the German regulator to temporarily onboard a maximum of 50,000 – 70,000 customers per month. This will also be published in an upcoming order. With the tremendous interest and demand for the N26’s banking products, it is possible that new customers in certain markets may be temporarily redirected to a waiting list. Existing customers will not be affected, or have any changes to their accounts or their N26 banking experience.
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more