Karl Gray appointed VP Underwriting at Wakam
Karl Gray has been appointed VP Chief Underwriting Officer at Wakam, a newly created position that will bring together pricing, reserving, underwriting, product, audit and claims and will focus on technical discipline and portfolio management. He will be based in London, UK.
Karl was most recently the EMEA Director for Uber’s Insurance division – leading the development of new products and managing existing insurance programs – and prior to that was the Global Head of Retail Underwriting for the Zurich Insurance Group.
Karl has over twenty years of Global Leadership within the Insurance Sector with more than 10 years based in international Markets. He has successfully developed and executed strategy and change across multiple geographies, with specific expertise in fast flow insurance, underwriting automation, digital insurance solutions and portfolio management.
Karl Gray graduated from the University of Sheffield (UK) with an MA in Political Economy and holds Diplomas in Management and Insurance. Karl was a Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Future Council on Mobility between 2017 to 2021.
Karl is thrilled to jump in Wakam’s epic journey: “I am delighted to be joining Wakam as the business becomes a major bespoke B2B2C insurer in Europe, with over 600M€ GWP in 2022. The next evolution of our journey will see us combining our digital and underwriting capabilities to achieve further profitable growth across our target markets”.
Companies In This Post
- DIFC Innovation Hub partners with Dubai Islamic Bank to launch 7th edition of AccelerateHER Read more
- CryptoUK Welcomes Crypto & Digital APPG Inaugural Report Read more
- Shoptet teams up with Salt Edge to offer instant cardless payments from account to account Read more
- Pepper Advantage Obtains Indonesian Licence to Service Non-Bank Credit Providers Read more
- The Advantages of Overpaying a Mortgage for UK Expat or Foreign National Investors Read more