Jamie Dimon to deliver opening keynote at Sibos 2020
Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase & Co., will deliver the opening keynote at Sibos 2020, the world’s premier financial services event organised by SWIFT.
Dimon brings deep industry experience, with a career that spans five decades and senior positions at Citigroup, the Travelers Group, and American Express. He has served as CEO of JPMorgan Chase & Co. since 2005, navigating the 2008 financial crisis while steering the bank’s digital transformation and guiding it to become the largest U.S. bank by assets, with nearly 250,000 employees globally.
The central theme of this year’s Sibos is Driving the evolution of smart finance and features leading experts in banking, payments, securities services, technology and fintech. It will be coordinated around the core theme and four interconnected subthemes: delivering digital value, responsible innovation, banking for humanity and the future of finance. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s conference will take place entirely digitally for the first time in its 43-year history.
Chantal Van Es, Head of Sibos, said: “We are looking forward to Jamie Dimon opening this year’s digital Sibos. His experience, achievements and qualities of persistence and endurance are more pertinent than ever given the current circumstances. Receiving insight direct from one of the biggest names in finance is sure to inspire delegates ahead of a great week of discussion and debate.
“Over the four days, delegates will hear intuitive analysis on the most pressing challenges facing our industry, including unprecedented global events, regulatory drivers, the evolving workplace, the role of data, and our collective duty to innovate responsibly.”
Sibos 2020 will be held online between 5th and 8th October. Find out more about this year’s event at Sibos.com
- ITN Business and FINTECH Circle produce news-style programme exploring the role of fintech in society Read more
- Yapily and Certua team up to simplify life insurance with open banking Read more
- ClearBank Selects ThetaRay AI Monitoring Tech to Accelerate Business Growth Read more
- Mastercard brings The Belle Block™ to Latin America and Caribbean to educate and empower women in Web3 and crypto Read more
- Gen Z’s Message to Merchants: Meet Us in the Metaverse – New FIS Data Shows Young Consumers Drive Demand for Innovation Read more