Freetrade raises crowdfunding at £650m valuation
Freetrade, the investment platform that is on a mission to get everyone investing, officially launches its seventh public crowdfunding round today, the first time it has opened crowdfunding to European residents. The raise comes as Freetrade is preparing for its European launch.
This fundraising caps off a period of exceptional growth. Since Freetrade’s last crowdfunding round in May 2020, total registered users on the platform have increased from approximately 150,000 to over 1 million, representing a nearly 600% increase in 18 months. Client assets now exceed £1bn, helped by the launch of new subscription accounts, including ISAs, Freetrade’s Plus membership and the Freetrade Pension. Freetrade first raised crowdfunding in 2016 and, since then, has raised a total of six rounds, alongside a Series A and B led by top-tier growth investors, Left Lane Capital and Molten Ventures (formerly Draper Esprit). The money raised will be used to support Freetrade’s international expansion and development of its proprietary technology.
Adam Dodds, Founder and CEO of Freetrade, said “This crowdfunding round represents a significant milestone for Freetrade. We’ve built a passionate community of shareholders through six previous rounds, and we’re proud to be able to open up a new round today. As we move into Europe and beyond, we’re committed to keeping our community involved every step of the way.”
Companies In This Post
- Oxbury Bank — Britain’s Only Dedicated AgTech Bank — Announces Breakeven and on Target for £1 Billion in Lending Read more
- Battleface Makes Debut Into Canada Through Partnership With Hunter McCorquodale Read more
- NEAR Foundation & NYU SPS Collaborate on Web3 & Sports Industry Workshop Read more
- Diebold Nixdorf Announces Octavio Marquez Elected as Chairman Read more
- Apollo Global Management, Neuberger Berman and Oaktree Capital Provide Private Markets Perspectives in Pm Alpha Outlook Webcast Read more