Freetrade appoints independent director
Freetrade, the leading challenger broker in the UK, is pleased to announce the appointment of John Baines as a Non-Executive Director.
John has over thirty years of experience in financial services both in executive and board roles. He brings deep governance and regulatory knowledge to Freetrade’s Board. John will chair Freetrade’s risk and audit committee as part of his board responsibilities. He currently serves on the boards of DB UK Bank Limited and State Bank of India (UK).
Previously, he served on the boards of Interactive Investor, Distribution Finance Capital, Bank of Ireland UK, and Alliance Trust Savings. He has also held executive roles, including as Finance Director at the Co-Operative Bank and Aldermore Bank, CEO and CFO of RBS’s Wealth Management Division.
John is a qualified chartered accountant and spent his early career in accounting and audit roles.
Commenting on his appointment, Freetrade’s CEO and Founder, Adam Dodds, said: “We are pleased to welcome John to our Board as a non-executive director. John’s significant experience in financial services will be an asset as Freetrade enters its next stage of growth.”
Companies In This Post
- A Falling King Dollar Signals a Reprieve for Emerging Markets Commentary From Crown Agents Bank Read more
- Uome Launches New Point of Sale Feature That Comes With a Cost of Living Incentive Changing the Game for Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs Read more
- Brush Claims Unveils New Brand Identity to Support Strategic Transformation and Advanced Executive Growth Read more
- Mike McGovern on the Trends in Financial Institutions Read more
- Roland Brandli on Adapting to the Recent Changes in Payments Read more