wefox Appoints Paul Onnen as Chief Technology Officer
wefox, the world’s leading insurtech, has appointed Paul Onnen as Chief Technology Officer, with immediate effect.
Mr. Onnen takes over the role from Sergi Banos who was promoted to Chief Platform Officer (CPO) as the company accelerates its plans to launch the platform that will connect the entire insurance ecosystem. In this role, he will lead the wefox platform business strategy, overseeing its implementation, development and operations.
Julian Teicke, CEO and founder of wefox, said: “This is another important moment for the business as we bring in another industry heavyweight with the appointment of Paul and promoting Sergi to execute our platform strategy and development.”
“Paul’s impressive track record and extensive knowledge in the tech industry aligns perfectly with our mission to revolutionise the insurance sector.
“His leadership will play a crucial role in guiding our business towards new horizons and delivering world-class strategic leadership to our technology operations.”
Paul Onnen has more than 30 years’ experience in founding, directing, and executing business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) SaaS platforms and products for leading organisations, including Amazon, Google, Expedia, Nordstrom.com, and successful startups. He is widely recognized for his expertise in fintech, Big Data, SaaS, AI/ML, and data security.
Mr. Onnen said “wefox is an exciting company and the opportunity to transform the insurance industry through cutting-edge technology is a challenge that I could not resist. It’s my mission to ensure that wefox remains at the forefront of innovation, and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to contribute to this journey.”
Companies In This Post
- BNY Mellon Announces Expanded Mental Health Benefits and Increased Minimum Wage for U.S. Employees Read more
- Users link over $500M in self-directed assets on Magnifi, the AI-powered financial co-pilot for individual investors Read more
- What happened at the FF Awards 2023?! Read more
- Adyen Enters into a Long-Term Payments Partnership with S Group Across 1,900+ Locations in Finland and Estonia Read more
- Wahed launches in the UAE becoming the country’s first dedicated Islamic digital investment platform Read more