Dojo, One of the UK’s Largest Fintechs to Launch in Ireland
Dojo, a trading name of Paymentsense Ireland Limited, has been granted its e-money licence (EMI) from the Central Bank of Ireland, enabling the payment provider to bring its innovative payment technology to Ireland.
The business, which provides in-person and digital payment solutions, is proud to make Ireland its European headquarters and will support Irish businesses to capitalise on the fast-growing Experience Economy in the Irish market.
In the UK market, Dojo has achieved significant growth in its customer base and reported revenues of €278m (£241m) in the fiscal year ending 31 March 2023, representing 48% year-on-year growth versus €188m (£163m) in 2022.
The fintech company serves over 150,000 UK businesses – from small, often family-run businesses through to some of the biggest high street names – and has ambitions to replicate its success of supporting business growth in the UK across Ireland and the EU.
Last year, Dojo processed over 1.6bn transactions in the UK, representing over €38bn (£33bn) in card volume, demonstrating the positive impact its cloud-native payments infrastructure is having on its customer base.
John Irwin, CEO of Paymentsense Ireland Limited, said: “We’re delighted to be granted our Irish EMI licence – a significant milestone as we seek to bring the growth and success Dojo has had in the UK to Ireland. Dojo’s market growth in the UK speaks volumes about our relentless focus on our customers, innovation, and empowering hard-working businesses to focus on the things that really matter to them.
Our leading, cloud-native payment platform and data-driven insights empower businesses to thrive in the Experience Economy. Our success in the UK, built on customer obsession and innovative technology, will now extend to Ireland and other EU countries in the future.”
- Yapily’s Open Banking Solutions Fuel Uncapped’s Mission to Provide Swift Financial Support to Businesses Read more
- Justpaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, Launches Salesforce Integration Read more
- Klarna AI assistant handles two-thirds of customer service chats in its first month Read more
- Kraken Launches New Brand to Offer Dedicated Crypto Solutions for Institutions Read more
- Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company Selects Akur8‘s Core Platform Solution to Efficiently Build High Performing Explainable Pricing Models Read more