Fintech Finance Podcasts: The FF Salon with Mike Wilkins – R3
“Some of the best ideas have been born out of times of crisis.”
Joining us at the FF Salon for Sibos 2022, we caught up with Mike Wilkins, the Head of Industry Solutions at enterprise technology and services provider, R3, to discuss distributed ledger technology and what having decentralised systems mean for the financial services industry. Wilkins lays out the similarities between DLT and the trading floor, a key focus being the wealth of data there is out there and the consolidated access specific players are allowed – banks and FIs are now seeing a record number of transactions come through every day, so being able to manage high volumes in a secure and regulated way is essential.
We are now in the midst of a financial crisis, an environment that can make or break a fintech company. For Wilkins, this may be a window of opportunity for companies to experiment with new technologies and make a profound mark on the industry – one that would secure their position as a power player in the fintech space.
Companies In This Post
- Sayata Announces EasyFirm – The Fastest Way To Get Five Firm Cyber Quotes For SMBs Read more
- Prime Bank and AGAM spark lending revolution for individuals and business Read more
- Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs Receives $3.75 Million Grant From Truist Foundation to Support Expansion Into South Georgia Read more
- Klarpay AG builds a Cloud-Based Infrastructure to automate its services Read more
- BMLL CEO Paul Humphrey Wins Harrington Starr Top 1% Leadership Award Read more