Earthport Agreement in Romania Expands Money Transfer Service
Service taps into country’s $3.2 billion remittance receive market
MoneyGram and Earthport announce the launch of a new service that allows MoneyGram customers around the globe to send money directly to any RON bank account in Romania.
“This is an exciting and innovative opportunity for MoneyGram. We continue to expand our network and provide convenient ways for customers to send international remittances,” said Pete Ohser, MoneyGram’s executive vice president of Americas and Europe. “We look forward to working with an industry leader like Earthport. At MoneyGram we put the customer first in everything we do. We are certain that our customers will benefit from this continued expansion of our money transfer services.”
Earthport is connected to more than 60 local currency clearing systems and their market portfolio includes strategic corridors for MoneyGram’s service. Earthport enables this rich new product offering through a single technical integration, greatly speeding time to market. MoneyGram will be able to accelerate market development with the capabilities of Earthport’s global network and product suite.
“We are delighted to announce this collaborative deal with MoneyGram and tie together two powerful and expanding product sets to offer better services to customers worldwide,” said Daniel Marovitz, President and COO, Earthport. “We aim to “future proof” our clients through continuous investment in technology, compliance and reach. As MoneyGram expands its money transfer services to accounts, we are a natural partner for acceleration and innovation. We look forward to working together on this exciting new development.”
According to the World Bank, an estimated $3.2 billion was sent into Romania in 2015. More than $930 million was sent from Italy, $740 million was sent from Spain and another $422 million arrived fromGermany.
- Yapily and Certua team up to simplify life insurance with open banking Read more
- ClearBank Selects ThetaRay AI Monitoring Tech to Accelerate Business Growth Read more
- Mastercard brings The Belle Block™ to Latin America and Caribbean to educate and empower women in Web3 and crypto Read more
- Gen Z’s Message to Merchants: Meet Us in the Metaverse – New FIS Data Shows Young Consumers Drive Demand for Innovation Read more
- Dow Jones’s Joanna Appleton on Why Gen Z Want ESG Read more