Digital assets exchange KoinKoin announces global expansion as revenues reach $40m
KoinKoin, the leading Africa-focused digital assets exchange, has announced major expansion plans as the company’s annual revenues exceed $40m in OTC transactions.
The company, founded by London-based entrepreneur Ola Atose, previously of Natwest and Deutsche Bank, makes it easier for customers to buy, sell and transfer digital assets across Africa, Southeast Asia, and Western Europe. As part of its expansion plans, KoinKoin will seek to double the headcount of its 15 full time staff members across the company’s offices in Nigeria and Ghana and bolster its C-suite team which is operating out of London. Additionally, the company announced plans to make new growth hires in its key operating countries of Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa and Antigua and Barbuda.
KoinKoin’s development team is finalising a radical and exciting new app for its customers, which will challenge Blockchain.com and Coinbase with superior customer focused features, providing unparalleled value and access to world class crypto assets The move will form part of KoinKoin’s wider strategy to begin competing in the retail space and making a bigger impact for retail consumer needs
KoinKoin’s unique platform enables users to trade globally the biggest crypto assets 24/7, 365 days of the year. Its deposit system allows customers to quickly begin buying and selling crypto, with APIs providing market data and real time information around the best prices.
Ola Atose, founder, KoinKoin, said: “We set out to build a highly secure platform, with the aim of becoming the go-to exchange for all cryptocurrency requirements not just in Africa, but for all businesses and individuals with an active interest in Africa from around the globe. In the last year we’ve seen a huge rise in demand with OTC transactions surging as customers seek to access the best liquidity from over 100 exchanges globally.
With the demand for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology surging, we are committed to growing our global footprint, developing, and launching new services, while bolstering our sales and customer service team with the launch of a radical and exciting new app in the coming weeks.”
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more