Bamboo Completes First Close of Series A Funding Raising $16 Million
Bamboo Ide8 Insurance Services, a reimagined insurance company with a commitment to simplicity, transparency and customer advocacy, announced today the $16 million close of its Series A round. Since launch, Bamboo has raised $75 million in financing to support organic growth in California, the build out of a retail agency and the launch of a Bermuda domiciled captive insurance entity. The round was led by Eos Venture Partners, a firm with deep insurance industry expertise focused on InsurTech investing, with participation from existing investors.
John Chu, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Bamboo, said, “The completion of our Series A round marks an exciting inflection point for Bamboo. After successfully refining our underwriting model and distribution capabilities over the past 3 years in the California market, Bamboo will now embark on a product and geographic expansion plan while remaining true to our profitable underwriting philosophy.”
Bamboo was founded in 2018 with a focus on serving the California property market with homeowners, dwelling fire and other ancillary products. Bamboo experienced significant growth by delivering an easy and innovative insurance experience for customers. Leveraging technology to reduce inefficiencies in the market and utilizing an applied science approach, Bamboo incorporates proprietary underwriting models and leading third-party technologies to deliver industry leading underwriting results.
Zach Powell, Eos General Partner, said, “We are thrilled to partner with the experienced team at Bamboo and support their product and geographic expansion plans. Bamboo has demonstrated strong growth coupled with profitable underwriting that will ultimately differentiate InsurTech winners.”
- Quaint Oak Bank Selects Finzly to Modernize Payments and Enable its Embedded Banking Practice Read more
- Fabrick Closes 2023 With A 14.5% Revenue Increase To €54.7 Million And Integrates Subsidiary Axerve To Enhance Payment Services Efficiency Read more
- Grifin launches Adaptive Investing™ to fulfill the promise of “democratizing” investments Read more
- Lloyds Bank forges UK’s first trade digitalisation partnership with WaveBL Read more
- DKK Partners secures initial approval from the Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority of Dubai Read more