Sibos 2022 Highlight Reel
The proven agora for industry leaders in the financial services field, Sibos is back in-person for the first time in 3 years in the dynamic city of Amsterdam.
Fittingly, the agenda for this event revolved around “Progressive finance for a changing world.” With an exponential increase in cyber threats and extreme weather globally, the financial services industry, one of the biggest beneficiaries of fossil fuels, must challenge the current hegemony of non-sustainable services and champion ethical practices for business.
“Sibos remains the number one event for networking people-to-people communication,” said Pascal Aerens, the Co-Founder and CPO of Nerium.
With over 10,000 attendees, in-person and online, and 500 speakers, we caught up with some of fintechs biggest headliners, including Smartstream, Clearbank, and Temenos, as well as industry giants, Visa, IBM, and the Bank of America. Learning from the remote and hybrid nature of the last 3 years, digital transformation has become the most pressing development in the space.
“Top of mind, everyone is talking about CBDCs and digital assets,” said Gilbert Veridian, the CEO of Quant. “That work, we are actually doing with large banks, Central banks, and we are testing it instead of just talking about it.”
The introduction of CBDC and Web3 and a focus on sustainability has ushered in a new era of industry.
- The currency of convenience: 80 per cent of 85–95-year-olds now pay with contactless Read more
- Moneyhub reveals retirement at risk – 40% of savers struggle to interact with their pension or investment provider Read more
- BBVA Spark and Capchase Sign Partnership Agreement Read more
- Cross River Launches Premier Fintech Investment Banking Franchise Read more
- PayTabs Egypt partners with Souhoola to enhance its payment solutions portfolio Read more