Marieke Flament – NEAR Foundation – Paris Fintech Forum
At the Paris Fintech Forum, FF News caught up with Marieke Flament, CEO of the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit organisation, headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, that supports the development and adoption of the NEAR Protocol, a blockchain platform designed to enable decentralised applications and scalable smart contracts. The foundation’s primary goal is to foster an open, decentralised, and user-friendly web infrastructure.
The NEAR Foundation plays a pivotal role in advancing the NEAR Protocol by providing resources, technical expertise, and community support.
“NEAR technology build a Blockchain Operating System which enables anyone to choose the level of decentralisation they want”
“Usability is absolutely fundamental for anyone. If you’re a Financial institution or an enterprise and you want to start participating in the Blockchain ecosystem or decentralisation… the ability to choose where you want to start your journey… frontend or backend… is fundamental, but also usability for users to have something seamless, it [the technology] doesn’t matter”
“The beauty of the Blockchain Operating System is you can choose and take the different pieces that you need”
“Money today is actually many different things. You can own assets, which could be art or property, all of that has the potential to be tokenized and be on blockchain, so if you’re a bank today thinking through what does this new technology mean and actually how you embed that, for your users, is the way to go”
Companies In This Post
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more