Fintech Finance Podcasts: The FF Salon with Ruediger Vogt
When you have the foresight of Ruediger Vogt, the future is extremely bright. With his stance on innovation, sustainability and eco welfare, the Head of Payment 4.0 for Giesecke+Devrient (G+D) has a strong vision for what’s ahead.
As a company that provides banknote and security printing, smart cards and cash handling systems, Ruediger takes us through how customers of G+D can be part of a growing economic change – from understanding CO2 and water consumption based on their spending, to using cards made from recycled plastic from the ocean.
How can the future of sustainability be enhanced? That’s a question he’s asking for the near future. But his long term plans reveal something much more metaphysical.
“We have arrived at the era of e-payments, tokenised payments, such as Google Pay and Apple Pay; we’re enabling that infrastructure”
Have you heard of the metaverse? Well it’s about time you did…
Existing corporations such as JP Morgan, HSBC, even Snoop Dogg are all taking steps to expand in this hypothetical iteration of the Internet – from buying real estate to creating virtual holidays ‘abroad’. Pegged to become an $800 billion market by 2024, it’s time to find out what this complex term means.
Many companies that have hopped on board the metaverse bandwagon also envision some sort of new digital economy, where users can create, buy, and sell goods. But if you’re not Snoop Dogg (and we all wish we were) how does an everyday joe get his hand in using the Metaverse for his small business?
Companies In This Post
- Optimum Finance Continues Growth Trajectory with New Funding Capability Read more
- EXCLUSIVE: “Neobanking Around the World” – Alex Weber, N26 in ‘The Paytech Magazine’ Read more
- VizyPay’s Cash Discount Program Wins Bronze in 12th Annual Best in Biz Awards Read more
- BNY Mellon’s Isabel Schmidt on Payments Modernisation and the Digital Economy in 2022 Read more
- Virtual cards and updated Spending Insights join Starling Bank’s enhanced suite of money management tools Read more