VTB customers can withdraw cash from digital cards using contactless technology
VTB has introduced contactless cash withdrawal from digital debit and credit cards through using QR codes at ATMs. The entire operation is carried out in the VTB Online mobile app, without touching the ATM. The functionality is available for iOS and Android users.
To use the new service, the client just needs to scan the QR code on the main screen of the VTB ATM. This can be done through the phone’s camera, the VTB Online app, or a third-party QR code recognition app. Then customers need to select a digital card and specify the amount of the operation. Cash withdrawal will occur after entering the verification code, and the receipt will be saved in the application history.
Anton Shikulo, Deputy Head of the Retail Business Department, Vice President of VTB, said:
“We care about the safety of our customers and in the midst of a new wave of the pandemic, we are introducing an additional opportunity to withdraw cash from ATMs contactlessly. Our strategic goal is to simplify operations in self-service devices on an ongoing basis and minimize the use of plastic cards. Withdrawing cash using digital cards is a simple and convenient way to minimize unnecessary contacts and at the same time take care of environmental protection, which is part of our ESG strategy.”
Initially, funds could only be withdrawn from master accounts through the menu item “Services without a card”. Then the QR code was displayed on the main screen for the convenience of customers, and for users of IOS-based mobile devices, it became possible to withdraw cash from digital debit and credit cards. Currently, this has become available to users of Android smartphones.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- New R&D Tax Credit Could Leave Lots to Be Desired for Struggling UK SME’s Read more
- Leading Insurance Franchisor Reaches $1 Billion Milestone, Earns Industry Accolades Read more
- RISE Announces Winners of $1.5 Million Flood Insurance of the Future Challenge Read more
- Newgen Partners with Mambu to Streamline End-to-end Lending Processes Read more
- BayPort Credit Union Wins Two CUNA Diamond Awards for Creative Excellence in Marketing Read more