Truist Appoints Industry Veteran Scott Stanzel as EVP, Chief Communications Officer
Truist Financial Corporation has announced that Scott Stanzel will join the company as executive vice president and chief communications officer, effective Oct. 1, 2022. Stanzel will report to Chief Legal Officer and Head of Public Affairs Ellen Fitzsimmons and will lead the bank’s corporate communications function, overseeing internal and external communications from the bank’s Charlotte, North Carolina, headquarters.
“Scott is a forward-thinking, compelling leader with an extensive banking, technology and public sector background. His experience and insights will immediately help Truist even more constructively and impactfully engage our numerous stakeholders,” said Fitzsimmons. “Transparent, accountable, actionable and timely communication is critical to advancing Truist’s purpose to inspire and build better lives and communities, and we look forward to the expertise and contributions Scott will bring to our team. Additionally, we are deeply grateful to Brian Davis for his service as head of communications and pleased he will be taking on a new role at Truist, which will be announced soon.”
Stanzel brings decades of corporate communications, public sector and leadership experience. He most recently served as managing vice president for corporate communications at Capital One Financial Corporation. Before joining Capital One, he served in communications roles at Amazon and Microsoft. Previously, Stanzel served as deputy White House press secretary during the George W. Bush administration.
“Truist is purpose-built for the banking needs of consumers and businesses and is extremely well positioned in the marketplace as a top 10 U.S. bank. I am honored to join Truist and lead a growing communications team that provides confidence to our clients and inspiration to our teammates at a time of transformational change in the industry and economy,” said Stanzel.
Companies In This Post
- ITN Business and FINTECH Circle produce news-style programme exploring the role of fintech in society Read more
- Yapily and Certua team up to simplify life insurance with open banking Read more
- ClearBank Selects ThetaRay AI Monitoring Tech to Accelerate Business Growth Read more
- Mastercard brings The Belle Block™ to Latin America and Caribbean to educate and empower women in Web3 and crypto Read more
- Gen Z’s Message to Merchants: Meet Us in the Metaverse – New FIS Data Shows Young Consumers Drive Demand for Innovation Read more