Swiss Re appoints Velina Peneva as Group Chief Investment Officer
Swiss Re announced today the appointment of Velina Peneva as Group Chief Investment Officer and member of the Group Executive Committee, effective 1 April 2023. She will succeed Guido Fürer following his retirement after 25 successful years at Swiss Re.
Group Chief Executive Officer Christian Mumenthaler said: “We’re pleased that with Velina Peneva, we’ve been able to find a capable internal candidate to lead our Asset Management unit forward. Velina has a very strong track record both within and outside Swiss Re. She brings a combination of deep financial market expertise, strategic and investment skills, proven leadership capabilities and a well-established industry network.”
Velina Peneva is currently Co-Head Client Solutions & Analytics in Swiss Re’s Asset Management. Previously, she headed Swiss Re’s private equity investment mandate. Before joining Swiss Re in 2017, Velina Peneva worked for Bain & Company in the US, Australia and Switzerland, most recently as a Partner and leader for the private equity and institutional investor practices in Zurich.
Companies In This Post
- Battleface Makes Debut Into Canada Through Partnership With Hunter McCorquodale Read more
- NEAR Foundation & NYU SPS Collaborate on Web3 & Sports Industry Workshop Read more
- Diebold Nixdorf Announces Octavio Marquez Elected as Chairman Read more
- Apollo Global Management, Neuberger Berman and Oaktree Capital Provide Private Markets Perspectives in Pm Alpha Outlook Webcast Read more
- Inkle raises $1.5M to power tax & accounting for US cross-border companies Read more