SumUp appoints Hermione McKee as CFO
Global fintech SumUp has today announced the appointment of Hermione McKee as Chief Financial Officer, effective as of May.
On joining SumUp, Hermione McKee said: “I am excited to get going at SumUp – it’s an inspiring company and one which I have admired for some time. SumUp is a global leader with a strong track-record in delivering for merchants and the company mission is particularly compelling. SumUp’s range of products and solutions are time tested as well as profoundly popular on the market, and I relish the opportunity ahead of me.”
McKee joins from leading language learning platform Babbel, where she was CFO. McKee has also been CFO at game software company Wooga. Previously, she worked at HelloFresh, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and Unilever. McKee is a graduate of the University of Canterbury and INSEAD.
Welcoming McKee to SumUp, co-founder Marc-Alexander Christ commented: “I’m delighted that Hermione has joined SumUp. We’re at an important point in our journey and her experience will be vital in our quest to continue to make business simple for merchants. As our product ecosystem continues to evolve and we expand as a company, her expertise will be all-important as we continue to provide merchants with all the tools they need to conduct business.”
SumUp was founded in 2012 to help small merchants start, run and grow their business through a fair, easy, and reliable payment solution. Today, its financial services Super App provides merchants with a free business account and card, an online store, and an invoicing solution, as well as in-person and remote payments seamlessly integrated with SumUp’s proprietary card terminals and point-of-sale registers. More than 4 million businesses ‒ from taxi drivers and coffee shop owners to large sports stadiums ‒ trust SumUp to deliver when it matters.
SumUp’s team of over 3,000 people supports merchants in 35 countries worldwide. In recent years, SumUp has also expanded into point-of-sale solutions, and with the acquisitions of Goodtill, Tiller, and Fivestars, the company is rapidly expanding its footprint within the restaurant and retail sectors.
Companies In This Post
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more