Remagine To Become World’s First Purpose Driven B2B Digital Banking Platform
Remagine is today launching a B2B banking product, in cooperation with Solarisbank, to become the world’s first purpose-driven B2B digital banking platform. Founded on the belief that the next evolution in B2B banking will be driven by companies seeking a banking partner who shares their values, Remagine’s banking product will provide business accounts for companies who want to create a better world.
According to research from zeb, a leading European strategy and management consulting firm, well over 90 percent of medium-sized businesses consider sustainability to be a particularly relevant issue, while two thirds have either already developed a concrete sustainability strategy or are currently working on one. Further, almost 70 percent of SMEs surveyed require their bank both to offer sustainable financing products and to operate in a sustainable manner itself.
But despite these societal trends, existing B2B banks are not addressing the changing needs of their clients. That is why Remagine is aiming to remedy the situation by becoming the world’s first purpose driven B2B digital banking platform. With the foundation of a best-in-class product, Remagine is aiming to become the partner of choice for companies that understand the cultural shift towards sustainability and impact. The banking product:
- Rewards the change-makers: offering free bank accounts for the first 12 months to businesses whose mission is linked to social and environmental impact;
- Screens out companies that rely on harmful industries in the account sign-up;
- Directly supports planet and people-friendly initiatives through automatic donations, including carbon offsetting with each transaction and meal donation for every new account; and
- Is technologically best-in-class, including a full digital banking suite and physical and virtual cards.
Julia Profeta Johansson, Remagine co-Founder and co-CEO, said: “Remagine has been on a real journey in its goal to reshape financial services. Naturally, accounts, payments, services and business cards sit at our core, but Remagine ultimately exists to question the purpose of financial services and incentives. I am extremely proud that our vision has enabled us to create a product designed with purpose-driven businesses front and centre of mind – I am delighted at today’s announcement.”
Sebastian Dienst, Remagine co-Founder and co-CEO, said: “Neobanks have had great success over the past decade in offering customers an alternative to legacy banks, however only 15% of neobanks worldwide are focused on the B2B segment. Their size and footprint mean businesses can be real drivers of positive impact, and this is where we see the area of maximum opportunity for Remagine.”
Remagine was founded by Julia M. Profeta Johansson and Sebastian Dienst, both serial founders and impact investing experts. Guided by the belief that every business can be more sustainable and impactful, Remagine provides financing and banking services tailored to entrepreneurs and SMEs that help accelerate their positive social and environmental impact. Remagine also accelerates the transition to a more responsible and sustainable world through its own operations – for example, it has pledged to contribute 10% of its profits to initiatives that benefit people and planet. Remagine was recently named winner of the ‘Sustainable Finance’ category at the 2021 Börsen-Zeitung Fintech Germany Awards.
Companies In This Post
- Chris Baker Named Chief Strategic Officer at POSaBIT Read more
- Fintech Job Cuts: An Analysis of the Impact on the Industry Read more
- Wolters Kluwer’s CCH® Tagetik expert solution recognized by Nucleus Research Read more
- Court of Appeal Rules in First Case Over Developers’ Duty of Care to Crypto Asset Owners Read more
- Vancity’s Visa credit cards are counting carbon footprints with ecolytiq Read more