Professor Silvana Tenreyro reappointed to the Monetary Policy Committee
Andrew Bailey, Governor of the Bank of England, said: “I am delighted that Silvana Tenreyro has agreed to serve another three years on the Monetary Policy Committee. Silvana’s insights and contribution to the Committee will be hugely valuable as we navigate the current economic challenges and help to promote the good of the people of the United Kingdom. I very much look forward to continuing to work with her.”
As an external member of the MPC, Silvana will hold one of nine votes to decide the future path of UK monetary policy. The MPC meets eight times a year to set monetary policy in line with the objectives set out in its remit. The primary objective is to ensure price stability.
Professor Tenreyro joined the MPC on 5 July 2017.
- Spline Data Announces Launch of Its First Quantitative Municipal Bond Curve Pricing Solutions Read more
- Global Fintech Leader Ascenda Announces Axis Bank Partnership Read more
- 21Shares and CoinGecko Release The Global Crypto Classification Standard Report Read more
- Tempo France and Nairagram Unite for African Remittances: A Game Changer Read more
- Broadridge Named Leading Provider of Managed Services Capabilities by Chartis Read more