Pluto Digital Assets Raises $40m to Accelerate Investment
Pluto Digital Assets PLC, the crypto VC and tech company, has raised c.$40 million after closing its latest successful funding round. It means the company has now surpassed $50 million total AUM within just 50 days of being established.
Pluto’s third and largest round to date was led by Argo Blockchain Plc, who will be maintaining their c.25% stake with an investment of approx. $10 million. There was a continued investment by two other publicly traded companies, Pires Investments Plc and Riverfort Global Opportunities Plc amongst others, as part of the total raise of c.$40 million.
London-based Pluto Digital Assets has been actively deploying capital into new token issuances at the seed level, incubating projects, taking equity positions, and holding strategic and treasury positions in digital assets. The senior team has significant experience in investment management and venture capital, trading, digital assets, start-ups, and decentralized finance.
The team has extensive networks within the Web 3.0 Ethereum, Polkadot and DeFi communities and have experience in launching Web 3.0 projects such as YOP. Pluto is also engaged in the non-fungible token (NFT) collectables market and is actively curating a private collection, with the first pieces to be unveiled shortly. The company is also set to generate income from its operational activities of running nodes, mining, staking, liquidity provision, and via its engagement with other DeFi protocols.
Pluto Director, Atif Yaqub commented: “This is a period of unprecedented opportunity to fill a void in the London markets, bringing a blend of traditional and crypto venture. We are delighted with the results of the fundraising which was heavily oversubscribed and thank our existing shareholders for their support and welcome our new investors. The funds give us the firepower for an aggressive push to become a leader in decentralised technology investment. We’re already engaged with an epic constellation of projects in the digital assets space and look forward to helping them bring their vision to fruition.”
Companies In This Post
- Visa and Oxfam America to Explore Expanding Anticipatory Action Program to Bring Pre-Disaster Financial Support to the Philippines, Kenya, Colombia, and Puerto Rico Read more
- Global Centre launched to accelerate climate finance Read more
- A Third or More Young Investors Acted on Misleading Online Financial Advice Read more
- ICMA announces collaboration with IsDB and LSEG for developing guidance for practitioners on Green Sukuk Read more
- Crypto.com Receives Authorisation as an Electronic Money Institution from the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority Read more