PPRO adds popular Swiss payment app TWINT to its payment method portfolio
PPRO, the leading digital payment platform, has integrated Swiss payment method TWINT onto its platform. Processing over 386 million transactions in 2022 alone, TWINT is the preferred way to pay for more than half of the Swiss population and it has become an essential choice for online merchants looking to reach Swiss consumers.
According to PPRO research, the Swiss e-commerce market is currently valued at US$14 billion and is projected to reach US$22 billion by 2027. With over 5 million active users, TWINT has gained significant traction in Switzerland, and now accounts for well over half of mobile payment transactions in the country*. By providing Swiss consumers with their payment method of choice, payment service providers and merchants can ensure a more seamless and efficient checkout experience, which positively impacts conversion rates.
Adrian Burgess, Head of Payment Partnerships, EMEA at PPRO, said: “We’re thrilled to be able to offer TWINT as part of our portfolio. Payment service providers and merchants globally can now access this essential Swiss payment method in a market where mobile-first ecommerce is seeing impressive growth. Our partnership will unlock the full power of the US$14 billion Swiss e-commerce market for our customers, and open up the rest of Europe for Swiss consumers.”
Adrian Plattner, Chief Sales Officer at TWINT, said: “TWINT’s goal is to make our users’ lives easier on a daily basis. Our collaboration with PPRO as a connecting platform will enable many international merchants from a diverse range of industries to offer Swiss customers their favorite mobile payment method at checkout. This means that even more consumers and merchants benefit from easy, fast and secure payments via TWINT.”
*source: ZHAW + HSG Swiss Payment Monitor 2023
- G2 Risk Solutions and Mastercard Combine AI and Merchant Insights for Superior Transaction Laundering Detection Read more
- OneBanx appoints Javed Anjum as new CEO Read more
- Lloyds Banking Group joins Open Property Data Association on mission to deliver better homebuying process Read more
- New report reveals how banks can tackle new payment scams | ACI Worldwide Read more
- “End the SME savings penalty” says new campaign backed by Britain’s small businesses Read more