P2P payment app Paymit to launch in Switzerland
Mobile payment provider Six, UBS and the Cantonal Bank of Zurich announced plans to launch the peer-to-peer (P2P) payment app Paymit across Switzerland. Paymit allows private persons to request and send money via their smartphones. The app is available for anyone with a mobile phone number and a bank account, regardless of which bank they are with.
Aside from Six, UBS and the Cantonal Bank of Zurich will be the first to introduce the service to their customers before other banks. Credit Suisse and Raiffeisen expressed interest and are checking a timely realisation. For a smooth transaction, both sender and recipient need to use Paymit.
The implementation of the service in shops is also in preparation. The app will be available in Apple’s app store and the Google Play Store from the end of May.
- BondExchange Launches First Embedded Surety Application Read more
- Invstr Named Best Social Trading Platform of 2023 by FinTech Breakthrough Awards Read more
- Ally Names Russell Hutchinson as Chief Financial Officer Read more
- Interactive Brokers Expected to Raise Interest Rates to USD 4.33% on Instantly Available Cash Read more
- Bit Digital, Inc. Announces Strategic Investment in Auros Global Limited Read more