Open Banking Expo partners with TransUnion to launch BNPL Symposium
Open Banking Expo, the largest global community of Open Banking and Open Finance executives driving the biggest digital transformation in the financial services sector, is partnering with global information and insights company TransUnion to convene the industry for a first-of-its-kind Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) Symposium.
The half-day event will bring together pioneers, innovators and thought leaders from across the burgeoning BNPL sector for an intimate networking event like no other.
Satrajit “Satty” Saha, CEO of TransUnion in the UK, said: “Buy Now, Pay Later finance saw unprecedented growth during the pandemic, with our research showing nearly two in five UK adults now use these services at least some of the time when shopping. Aligning with changing consumer habits and supporting this growing market, TransUnion is the first UK credit reference agency to accept BNPL data into UK consumer credit reports. As we pioneer change in this area, we’ve been working closely with leading BNPL providers and the wider industry, so we’re delighted to have partnered with Open Banking Expo to host the BNPL Symposium and look forward to what promises to be an insightful industry event.”
Adam Cox, co-founder of Open Banking Expo, added: “We are thrilled to work with TransUnion on the inaugural BNPL Symposium. The BNPL sector is forecast to reach dizzying heights in the not-so-distant future. The pace of growth has been meteoric, meaning regulation needs to catch up. The Symposium offers a perfect opportunity to bring the leading voices in the industry to work with regulators, policy makers, consumers, merchants and the broader retail industry to ensure the longevity of the BNPL market.”
Speakers will include:
- Satty Saha, Chief Executive Officer of TransUnion in the UK
- Shail Deep, Chief Product Officer of TransUnion in the UK
- Antony Stephen, Chief Executive Officer, Barclays Partner Finance
- Gary Rohloff, Founder & Managing Director, Laybuy
- Ruth Spratt, UK Country Manager, Zip
- Ryan Glancy, UK Country Manager, Biller
The expert line-up will provide insight on the following hot topics within the industry:
- The future of regulation and the need for putting consumer protections in place
- The importance of consumer understanding to help the BNPL market achieve its objectives
- Delivering carefully curated customer experience journeys
- Will the market consolidate and will it have a positive impact on industry growth?
- What the future holds for data, credit scoring and affordability
According to Allied Market Research, the global BNPL market size is projected to reach $4 trillion by 2030.
The BNPL Symposium will be held in London on 12 July and complimentary tickets can be secured here.