Open Banking Expo Canada Meetups Launch Virtually this June
Organisers of Open Banking Expo Canada are to launch free-to-attend quarterly meetups for the Open Banking community in Canada. The first meetup will take place virtually on Thursday June 24th, 2021.
For the first three meetings, Open Banking Expo Canada has teamed up with Ernst & Young LLP (EY Canada), to help shed light on unforeseen disruptors, emerging technologies and changing consumer preferences. A market leader in the financial services sphere, EY Canada brings a proven track record of industry assessment and forecasting, on both a local and global scale.
The meetups will foster an environment for innovators, disruptors and visionaries in the pursuit of consumer-directed finance to share common goals, spark debate and spur innovation. Professionals across the financial services ecosystem, including banks, credit unions, fintechs, regulators and BigTechs, are invited to register.
Guests can expect an eclectic blend of networking opportunities, thought-provoking panel debates, fireside chats with notable industry players and light-hearted entertainment.
The program for the first meeting is live at: www.openbankingexpo.com/
The first meeting, taking place on June 24, 2021, will focus on how the sector can respond to the latest federal budget announcement and will pose the question of whether recent developments in this space point to a industry-led approach, and what we can expect to see in the market in the near term.
FDX’s managing director Don Cardinal will kick off proceedings in a fireside chat, followed by a panel debate that will highlight what an open future can look like in Canada, as well as the role of Bill C-11 and how it differs from the EU (GDPR), and Australia (CDR).
The agenda offers plenty of virtual networking time to join group or 121 video calls and take part in the ‘Audience Collision’ – a chance to discuss trending topics in a breakout room with fellow attendees.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Don Cardinal, Managing Director, FDX
- Michelle Beyo, CEO & Founder, Finavator and Board Director, Open Banking Initiative Canada
- Abhishek Sinha, Partner, EY
- Ben Harrison, Partner, Head of Partnerships & Policy, Portag3 Ventures
- Hanna Zaidi, Director, Wealthsimple
- Derrick Smith, Vice-President, Operations & Optimization, UNI Financial Cooperation
- Hugh McKee, Head, BMO Partners
Managing Director of Open Banking Expo, Adam Cox, comments: “We are delighted to launch a more regular series of events for our Canadian community to collaborate. Attendees at our annual flagship event said they wanted more opportunities to drive the conversation on consumer directed finance forward, and we are pleased to bring this to fruition. We look forward to facilitating the greatest wave of digital transformation in the financial services market.”
“New entrants, changing consumer expectations and next-gen business models are transforming the open banking market in Canada by promoting innovation and competition,” says Abhishek Sinha, EY Canada Open Banking Leader. “We’re happy to work with Open Banking Expo Canada to drive progress towards a digital future, while simultaneously improving the value creation opportunities of organizations and supporting a healthier, more financially empowered consumer base.”
People In This Post
- Visa and Oxfam America to Explore Expanding Anticipatory Action Program to Bring Pre-Disaster Financial Support to the Philippines, Kenya, Colombia, and Puerto Rico Read more
- Global Centre launched to accelerate climate finance Read more
- A Third or More Young Investors Acted on Misleading Online Financial Advice Read more
- ICMA announces collaboration with IsDB and LSEG for developing guidance for practitioners on Green Sukuk Read more
- Crypto.com Receives Authorisation as an Electronic Money Institution from the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority Read more