Microsoft and Stripe partner to launch Teams Payments for businesses
The Microsoft Teams collaboration platform offers video conferencing, voice, messaging, and other embedded tools to more than 300 million global businesses. Stripe will power Teams Payments, allowing meeting hosts to accept real-time card payments during virtual appointments, classes, events, and more. Businesses can now set advance payment through Stripe as a requirement to join a Teams session.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Stripe to help unlock new revenue streams for companies on Teams Payments,” said Brenna Robinson, general manager, SMB, at Microsoft. “Our collaboration with Stripe allows us to better serve our customers, deepen the impact of Teams, and boost revenue growth.”
Enabling faster online payments on Microsoft Teams
Ninety-three percent of businesses have to deal with late payments from customers, which impede cash flow and damage balance sheets. Businesses on Teams Payments and Stripe can accept payments from customers before, during, or after a virtual session, then access the funds in seconds.
Microsoft is using Stripe Connect to streamline payment acceptance and identity verification for transactions in Teams. When merchants sign up for Teams Payments, Stripe handles the onboarding requirements to help them get paid. An online yoga instructor, for example, can now request payments from students within a Teams chat. Microsoft will use Connect to programmatically route funds from customers to merchants after a payment has been made.
“Our partnership brings Stripe into one of the world’s most popular collaboration platforms and will help millions of companies accelerate their online revenue growth,” said Mike Clayville, chief revenue officer at Stripe. “With Stripe, more businesses can now accept payments as easily as launching a video conference, chat, or virtual presentation within Microsoft Teams.”
- US blockchain company, Constellation Network, Welcomes Leading Experts from Top Enterprises and U.S. Government Agencies to their Enterprise Advisory Board. Read more
- JustPaid, AI-powered Finance Startup, To Launch Game-Changing GPT App In OpenAI’S GPT Store Read more
- Eltropy Collaborates with Jack Henry’s Banno Digital Banking Platform Read more
- Ledger partners with bolt to launch device protection for its industry-leading secure devices Read more
- Nigeria: African Development Bank and FSDH Merchant Bank sign $20 million Trade Finance Agreement to support Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs) and Corporates Read more